Aripex Stamp, Post Card, and Postal History Show, sponsored by Arizona Federation of Stamp Clubs, will be held at the Mesa Convention Center, 263 North Center Street, Mesa, Arizona 85201 February 17–19. Parking is free and admission is $5 for all three days. The show hours are Friday and Saturday 10 a.m.–6 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m.–3 p.m.
The APS World Series of Philately show will feature:
• 36 dealers.
• 248 frames of exhibits.
• a Boy Scout merit badge program will be offered Saturday/Sunday.
• the U.S. Postal Service first day of issue ceremony for Uncle Sam’s Hat will be Saturday, February 18 at 11:45 a.m.
• the USPS and United Nations Postal Administration will be selling current items.
• Stamps in your Attic free appraisal service with paid admission.
• Workshops and Seminars during the show.
• Native American Artisans in attendance demonstrating the art of Hopi Kachina Woodcarving. and Decorating Zia Pottery.
• Show Cachet and Hopi Kachina Raffle.
• Youth and beginners area with free stamps.
• Ken Martin, APS Chief Operating Officer, will be judging at the show.
Court of Honor featuring:
• APRL recovered C3a Inverted Jenny single from the original stolen McCoy block.
• Eight frame Grand Prix National: Gordon Eubanks (United States) for “The United States Imperforate Issues of 1851-1856 & Their Importance in an Expanding Postal System”.
Convening Societies will be:
• Mexico Elmhurst Philatelic society International (MEPSI)
• Canal Zone Study Group (CZSG)
• American Ceremonial Program Society (ACPS)
• Arizona & New Mexico Postal History Society
• Plate Number Coil Collectors Club (PNC3)
The American Stamp Dealers Association’s (ASDA) Winter Postage Stamp Show will be held February 10–12 at the War Memorial Auditorium, 800 NE 8th Street, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33304. Show hours are Friday and Saturday 10 a.m.–5 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m.–3 p.m. Admission is free.
The show will feature:
• 14 dealers from across the nation that will be buying and selling.
• the United States Postal Service will issue the nondenominated Patriotic Nonprofit definitive stamp Friday morning at 11 a.m. The stamp is being issued in a coil of 10,000 format.
• USPS and the United Nations Postal Agency Booths for the latest new issues.
• a free appraisal service will be available Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m.–3 p.m., and Sunday 10 a.m.–2 p.m. Bring in those stamps/collections that you have inherited or been storing for years and they will put a value on your material and advise you on what to do.
The Philatelic Summit 2017 to be held April 7 to 9 in Stockholm, Sweden will offer presentations and workshops by some of the world’s leading philatelists. There are spaces that remain available for those interested in participating.
A summit focus will be on choice of material based on philatelic importance. Through workshops and presentations, the summit will cover areas such as postal history, thematic philately, and traditional philately.
One keynote presentation is “Fathers of Philately and London as the Stronghold of Organized Philately,” by Brian John Birch, Tomas Bjäringer. Another is “Philatelic Importance Reflected Through the History of Philatelic Exhibiting and Glanced Through the Today’s Context,” by Christopher G. Harman.
Others offering presentations include Gordon Eubanks, Jamie Gough, Lawrence Haber, and Jonas Hällström.
The summit is organized by Corinphila, Köhler and their partners in the Global Philatelic Network.
Sandical 2017, sponsored by the San Diego Philatelic Council, will be held January 27–29 at the Al Bahr Shrine Center, 5440 Kearny Mesa Road, San Diego CA 92111. Show hours are Friday 10 a.m.–6 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m.–4 p.m.
The show will feature:
• 21 dealers
• the San Diego Philatelic Library
• the U.S. Postal Service will be present selling current items.
• Regional meetings of the German American Philatelic Society
• the Eire Philatelic Association
• the Federated Philatelic Clubs of Southern California Awards Banquet is open to all, $50 per person, but reservations are required.
Southeastern Stamp Expo 2017 (SESE), sponsored by the Southeast Federation of Stamp Clubs, will be held at the Hilton Hotel Atlanta Northeast, 5993 Peachtree Industrial Blvd., Norcross, GA 30092 on January 27-29. Show hours are 10 a.m.– 5:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 10 a.m.–3 p.m. Sunday. Parking is free; admission is $5 for the entire family all weekend and includes a drawing for a Penny Black.
The show will feature:
• Twenty-two dealers will have 40 tables of stamps, postal history, ephemera, and supplies.
• More than 170 frames of exhibits feature US and worldwide material.
• To celebrate the opening of the new Atlanta Braves’ Stadium, SESE will feature a cacheted event cover with commemorative postmark, by Chris Lazaroff.
• The USPS will hold a First-Day Ceremony for the new U.S. Flag forever stamp at 11 a.m. on Friday.
• APS President, Mick Zais will host an APS town hall meeting Saturday afternoon.
• Megan Orient, Manager of Shows and Exhibitions, will be staffing an APS table.
On Thursday, January 26, before the show, Gary Wayne Loew, author of Mastering Postal History, will teach an APS On the Road course, “Mastering Postal History: How to Read and Interpret a Cover.”
Visit the show, stay at the Hilton and enjoy the SESE hospitality suite, donation auction, the Stamp Explorers youth area and much more.