Napex 2017 will be June 9–11, at the Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, 7920 Jones Branch Drive, McLean, Virginia. Bourse hours are Friday and Saturday 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Philatelic exhibits hours are Friday 8 a.m.-8 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m.-10 p.m. and Sunday 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Admission and parking are free.
The show will feature:
• more than 200 frames of exhibits
• 80 dealers
• Alan Blair Auction presented by Emerald Ventures will hold an auction Saturday at 6:30 p.m.
The U.S. Postal Service, U.N. Postal Administration, and Israel Philatelic Agency of North American will be present.
Scott English, APS Executive Director, will host a Town Hall meeting Friday at 11 a.m. and Tom Horn, APS Director of Special Projects will host an APS Chapter Ambassadors Meeting Friday at 3 p.m.
Additional details, schedule and directions can be found on the show website.
The Rocky Mountain Stamp Show will be held May 26–28 at the Crown Plaza Hotel Denver International, 15500 E. 40th Ave., Denver, CO 80239. Show hours are Friday and Saturday 10 a.m.–6 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m.–3 p.m. Admission: 3-Day Pass: $5.00, Daily: $2.00, Youth: Free when accompanied by an adult. Parking is free.
The show will feature:
• 33 dealers.
• 336 frames of exhibits.
• The U.S. Postal Service will be present with current issues for sale.
• What’s in your Attic? Free collection evaluation.
• Denver Stamp Camp.
• The Rocky Mountain Philatelic Library’s 700 lot “Silent Auction” featuring U.S. and Foreign material.
Societies meeting include:
• Military Postal History Society
• Universal Ship Cancellation Society
• American Society of Polar Philatelists
The awards banquet, will be held on site Saturday evening, May 27. Reservations are required.
Tara Murray, APRL Director of Information Services/Librarian, will be staffing a table during the show.
More information on functions, seminars, banquet price, time, meetings / times, participating postal administrations, etc. are found on their website.
APS StampShow 2017 is seeking exhibits for the upcoming August 3–6 show in Richmond, Virginia. The show is celebrating the 150th anniversary of Canada’s confederation and is encouraging exhibitors of Canada to submit entries. There will be a $150 prize for the best Canadian exhibit at the show. The prospectus and entry form are available. Deadline to enter is June 1.
The Smithsonian’s National Postal Museum will also have an exhibit at the show.
APS StampShow 2017 will be held at the Greater Richmond Convention Center, 403 N. Third Street, Richmond, Virginia. Function ticket reservations and online registration for the show has been posted to the website.
The judges are Tim Bartshe (Colorado), Chief Judge; Ed Andrews (North Carolina); Darrell Ertzberger (Virginia); Rob Henak (Wisconsin); Yamil Kouri (Massachusetts); Ron Lesher (Maryland); Joan Orr (Australia); Charles Verge (Canada); Pat Walker (Florida); FIP Option Jury Bob Odenweller (Ohio) and James Mazepa (Florida).
Please e-mail Kathleen Edwards for further information.
Ropex Stamp Show, sponsored by the Rochester Philatelic Association (RPA), will be held May 19–20, at the Greater Canandaigua Civic Center, 250 North Bloomfield Road, Canandaigua, New York. Show hours are 10 a.m.–6 p.m. Admission is $2 for adults, free for youth 18 and under. Parking is free.
This year’s show features:
• 17 dealers from the eastern and central U.S. Dealers are encouraging collectors to contact them by email or phone in advance to make sure items of interest will not be left behind.
• 128 frames of exhibits.
• U.S. Postal Service will be present selling current items.
• The American Topical Association will have a booth.
• Youth Booth — welcomes kids all day to learn about the hobby and get free stamps and supplies.
Meetings and events on Saturday:
• All are invited to attend the Ropex Awards Ceremony at 9:15 a.m.
• The Empire State Postal History Society will hold its annual meeting at 11 a.m.
• A regional American Association of Philatelic Exhibitors Open Forum at noon hosted by Ken Martin.
• Judges’ Feedback Forum at 1 p.m.
• Winners of the RPA’s annual youth “Design-a-Stamp” contest will be announced at 2 p.m.
Ropex is commemorating the 200th anniversary of the start of Erie Canal construction. A pair of specially designed cachets are available on the theme.
Jeff Stage, APS Editorial Associate, will staff an APS table and Ken Martin, APS COO, will be judging.
Members of the public are encouraged to bring in their own philatelic material for a free evaluation and identification by knowledgeable RPA members throughout the show.
Full show details can be found online on the club’s website.
Pipex 2017, sponsored by the Northwest Federation of Stamp Clubs will be held May 12–14 at the Red Lion Hotel on the River at Jantzen Beach, 909 N. Hayden Island Drive in Portland, Oregon. Show hours are Friday and Saturday 10 a.m.–6 p.m. and Sunday 10 am.–4 p.m. Admission and parking are free.
On Friday of the show, from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m., an American Philatelic Society forum will take place where Michael Bloom will give insights into the APS, the world’s largest philatelic organization.
The hotel offers a free on-demand shuttle from the Portland International Airport. You must tell them that you are attending Pipex. The show room rate is $103 per night. Register on the Pipex website or call the hotel at (503) 283-4466.
The APS World Series of Philately show will feature:
• 40 dealer booths
• 3,800 pages of exhibits
• a youth area and StampBuddy for adult collectors
• Grandma’s Attic (free advice on collections)
• a stamp collecting pavilion.
Meetings will be held by:
• Mobile Post Office Society
• Scouts on Stamps Society International
• International Machine Cancel Society
• Northwest Federation of Stamp Clubs
• Women Exhibitors will hold a regional meeting
• Pacific Northwest Postal History Society.
Harmer-Schau Auctions Northwest will hold an auction at the show on Sunday, May 14.
For more information, see the Pipex 2017 website.