Ropex Stamp Show, sponsored by the Rochester Philatelic Association (RPA), will be held May 19–20, at the Greater Canandaigua Civic Center, 250 North Bloomfield Road, Canandaigua, New York. Show hours are 10 a.m.–6 p.m. Admission is $2 for adults, free for youth 18 and under. Parking is free.
This year’s show features:
• 17 dealers from the eastern and central U.S. Dealers are encouraging collectors to contact them by email or phone in advance to make sure items of interest will not be left behind.
• 128 frames of exhibits.
• U.S. Postal Service will be present selling current items.
• The American Topical Association will have a booth.
• Youth Booth — welcomes kids all day to learn about the hobby and get free stamps and supplies.
Meetings and events on Saturday:
• All are invited to attend the Ropex Awards Ceremony at 9:15 a.m.
• The Empire State Postal History Society will hold its annual meeting at 11 a.m.
• A regional American Association of Philatelic Exhibitors Open Forum at noon hosted by Ken Martin.
• Judges’ Feedback Forum at 1 p.m.
• Winners of the RPA’s annual youth “Design-a-Stamp” contest will be announced at 2 p.m.
Ropex is commemorating the 200th anniversary of the start of Erie Canal construction. A pair of specially designed cachets are available on the theme.
Jeff Stage, APS Editorial Associate, will staff an APS table and Ken Martin, APS COO, will be judging.
Members of the public are encouraged to bring in their own philatelic material for a free evaluation and identification by knowledgeable RPA members throughout the show.
Full show details can be found online on the club’s website.