Pipex 2017, sponsored by the Northwest Federation of Stamp Clubs will be held May 12–14 at the Red Lion Hotel on the River at Jantzen Beach, 909 N. Hayden Island Drive in Portland, Oregon. Show hours are Friday and Saturday 10 a.m.–6 p.m. and Sunday 10 am.–4 p.m. Admission and parking are free.
On Friday of the show, from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m., an American Philatelic Society forum will take place where Michael Bloom will give insights into the APS, the world’s largest philatelic organization.
The hotel offers a free on-demand shuttle from the Portland International Airport. You must tell them that you are attending Pipex. The show room rate is $103 per night. Register on the Pipex website or call the hotel at (503) 283-4466.
The APS World Series of Philately show will feature:
• 40 dealer booths
• 3,800 pages of exhibits
• a youth area and StampBuddy for adult collectors
• Grandma’s Attic (free advice on collections)
• a stamp collecting pavilion.
Meetings will be held by:
• Mobile Post Office Society
• Scouts on Stamps Society International
• International Machine Cancel Society
• Northwest Federation of Stamp Clubs
• Women Exhibitors will hold a regional meeting
• Pacific Northwest Postal History Society.
Harmer-Schau Auctions Northwest will hold an auction at the show on Sunday, May 14.
For more information, see the Pipex 2017 website.