Southeastern Stamp Expo 2017 (SESE), sponsored by the Southeast Federation of Stamp Clubs, will be held at the Hilton Hotel Atlanta Northeast, 5993 Peachtree Industrial Blvd., Norcross, GA 30092 on January 27-29. Show hours are 10 a.m.– 5:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 10 a.m.–3 p.m. Sunday. Parking is free; admission is $5 for the entire family all weekend and includes a drawing for a Penny Black.
The show will feature:
• Twenty-two dealers will have 40 tables of stamps, postal history, ephemera, and supplies.
• More than 170 frames of exhibits feature US and worldwide material.
• To celebrate the opening of the new Atlanta Braves’ Stadium, SESE will feature a cacheted event cover with commemorative postmark, by Chris Lazaroff.
• The USPS will hold a First-Day Ceremony for the new U.S. Flag forever stamp at 11 a.m. on Friday.
• APS President, Mick Zais will host an APS town hall meeting Saturday afternoon.
• Megan Orient, Manager of Shows and Exhibitions, will be staffing an APS table.
On Thursday, January 26, before the show, Gary Wayne Loew, author of Mastering Postal History, will teach an APS On the Road course, “Mastering Postal History: How to Read and Interpret a Cover.”
Visit the show, stay at the Hilton and enjoy the SESE hospitality suite, donation auction, the Stamp Explorers youth area and much more.